View Full Version : Common Myna on a early morning nature call

Prashant Jois
04-10-2011, 12:24 AM
This is almost a full frame shot which slightly/marginally cropped
Body - 7D
Lens - 100 - 400
ISO - 100
Focal length - 360mm
Shutter speed - 1/60s (I know that this should have been much higher). I was trying my handling skills at slow shutter speed
Exposure compensation - +1/3
Aperture Value - 11 in aperture priority while resting my lens on car window

Please pass on your C&C to help me learn more.

Bhargava Srivari
04-10-2011, 08:59 AM
You caught the right moment!

Even at a slow shutter speed, you got a sharp image. Nice eye contact. The clean BG compliments the image well. Mynahs are the right subjects for trying one;s skillls, be it handholding at lazy SS or even trying how close you may approach the bird. I might prefer a little bit more space all around.

tfs

Mrudul Godbole
04-10-2011, 09:50 AM
Nice eye contact. The details are good. I agree you could have kept it full frame with more space all around. You got it sharp at quite low shutter speed. The background looks nice. Thanks for sharing.

Prashant Jois
04-10-2011, 11:30 AM
Thank you all for your comments. Unfortunately there was no space all around with an exception on the top as I was so close to this bird. May be I should have zoomed out a little bit to create that additional space.

Thanks again,
-Prashant.

Sabyasachi Patra
05-10-2011, 08:45 AM
More space at right and bottom would have been even better. It is good that you are trying to improve your technique. You can get sharp shots at 1/60 with good technique using the 100-400 lens.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi