PDA

View Full Version : Indian Rock Python

Joshi Bhavya
04-10-2011, 10:19 AM
My First experience with python... shot in Hingolgadh forest. in Gujarat.
With canon 550D
F:5.6
ISO:400
Hand held
flash off..
Good bad Suggestion always welcome...:001_rolleyes:

Sabyasachi Patra
05-10-2011, 03:19 PM
I would like to see some more details in the image. I guess you were pretty close. If cropping is necessary, then a loose crop would have been better.

What was the shutter speed? And how much crop is this?

Sabyasachi

Joshi Bhavya
05-10-2011, 03:47 PM
You are Right Sabyasachi, Focal length is 55mm max. but, I was pretty close.. Cropping is not much, about 10% The stutter speed is also 1/100s.

If you talking about habitat.. Yes.. I also missed it. Because we found in between rock..in forest and size is approx.. 10Ft length.. so I am little scared to handle and take him to some habitat place. Hope you understand it.

Sabyasachi Patra
05-10-2011, 08:16 PM
I am not interested in moving an animal to get a good photo. If it is within rocks, then so be it. Try to take a wide angle image of the place where it is.

Handling induces lot of stress in animals, birds and reptile etc. So I don't advocate handling.

Use your wide angle lens to show us the place where it was. In documentation, it is important to show where the species is. Clicking the head of a python or a species without its habitat doesn't tell us where it is clicked.

Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
05-10-2011, 08:40 PM
The head on image is nice. Agree with Sabyasachi, if you have some time with the subject you can try to make different compositions, with closeup and also some wider compositions showing the habitat. That will help to document the species. Thanks for sharing.

Joshi Bhavya
06-10-2011, 04:30 PM
Thanks Mrudal and Sabyasachi. I avoid the handling when its unnecessary.. And I also like the habitat shot. That the Wildlife challenging shots.... but in some circumstances we cannot get nice image with habitat..but
I will keep in mind Next time.