PDA

View Full Version : 3's company

Supreet Sahoo
06-10-2011, 03:15 PM
Open billed storks basking on a lazy sunday morning.

Camera Model Canon EOS 7D
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/1000
Av( Aperture Value ) 8.0
Metering Mode Evaluative Metering
Exposure Compensation 0
ISO Speed 400
Lens EF300mm f/4L IS USM +1.4x

Tapas Chattopadhyay
06-10-2011, 05:38 PM
Lovely moment captured.....

Mrudul Godbole
06-10-2011, 08:07 PM
The landing bird in the centre looks nice. The habitat displayed is nice. Wish the other two birds were not present, but that is not in your control. Overall the composition is nice. Thanks for sharing.

Supreet Sahoo
06-10-2011, 10:20 PM
Thanks Mrudul and Tapas. Yes Mrudul even i would have wanted the other 2 not to be there but on 2nd look this scene reminded me of hindi movies where the heroine (extreme right) is doing her tantrums while the lead hero (in flight) is closing in. Ofcourse the side actor (oof bird) is on his way back .... :p;) so much for my silly imagination really !!!!

Sabyasachi Patra
07-10-2011, 09:40 AM
I find that when there are even number of animals or birds in the frame, then it becomes a challenge to compose.

In this case, it would have been great, if both the birds were looking towards the centre of the frame. The wing spread of the bird in flight is nice.

I would have liked more details in the birds. How big was the crop? Where was the AF point locked in? Your 1.4x TC is Canon? Verson I, II or III?

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Supreet Sahoo
07-10-2011, 10:49 AM
I find that when there are even number of animals or birds in the frame, then it becomes a challenge to compose.

In this case, it would have been great, if both the birds were looking towards the centre of the frame. The wing spread of the bird in flight is nice.

I would have liked more details in the birds. How big was the crop? Where was the AF point locked in? Your 1.4x TC is Canon? Verson I, II or III?

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Sir it was around 30% cropped and the af was locked on the bird on the right.Yes its a canon II gen tc.