PDA

View Full Version : Asian Open Billed Stork....Anastomus oscitans

Tapas Chattopadhyay
07-10-2011, 09:45 AM
Shot in Tv mode with high SS as I was expecting the bird will fly soon....It took flight, but totally in opposite direction from me....better try next time...:(

Tv 1/3200, f 5.6, Exposure compensation: (-)0.33; ISO 500; Neat Image applied to BG....

Mrudul Godbole
07-10-2011, 10:42 AM
The vertical composition looks nice. Good eye contact. The catch light in the eye looks nice. The light seems a bit harsh. There is some loss of details in the blacks in the underparts of the wing, you can try to recover that in post processing. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
07-10-2011, 02:47 PM
I agree with Mrudul. I would give more emphasis to details in the image. The reason why I don't do any selective noise reduction on the background is because, I don't want to sacrifice details.

You were clicking at ISO 500. At that ISO there should not be lot of noise, unless it is a large crop and the exposure was not right.

You don't need 1/3200 for a large bird like open-billed stork. The larger is the bird, the slower is the wing beat and hence you can get a sharp image with a lower shutter speed

If you are a bit farther from the subject, then I would suggest you to explore wider compositions to reflect the environment/ its habitat. Please remember that a environmental image is difficult to capture. Please check the preview of images commended in the BBC Wildlife Photographer of the Year contest and you will realise what I am trying to say. http://www.indiawilds.com/forums/showthread.php?p=37821#post37821

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Tapas Chattopadhyay
07-10-2011, 03:40 PM
Thanks a lot Sabyasachiji and Mrudulji...will definitely keep in mind in future....

Atul Sinai
07-10-2011, 10:42 PM
Nice image Tapas. Agree with the comments made. Composition looks a bit too tight for me. Some space all around would have been better. Provide your lens and camera details would help us visualizing your situation.
Keep trying, you will get those flight shots.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards,
Atul

Tapas Chattopadhyay
08-10-2011, 09:07 AM
Nice image Tapas. Agree with the comments made. Composition looks a bit too tight for me. Some space all around would have been better. Provide your lens and camera details would help us visualizing your situation.
Keep trying, you will get those flight shots.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards,
Atul

Thanks Atul....I have canon 550D with Canon 100-400 L IS USM....will surely try a more spacious compo....

Rgds

Tapas

Bhargava Srivari
10-10-2011, 09:39 PM
Nice that you got focus near the eye. A slightly narrower aperture would have been better.

tfs