1/160
f/6.3
FL-500mm
Center weighted Metering
ISO 800
Handheld

Saktipada Panigrahi
07-10-2011, 07:42 PM
It appears to me to be a Pied Bushchat (Saxicola Caprata),possibly a Male.Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild

Mrudul Godbole
07-10-2011, 08:50 PM
Nice composition. The eye contact is nice. The clean background adds to the image. Thanks for sharing.

Supreet Sahoo
09-10-2011, 12:17 PM
This appears to be a Pied Buschat juvenille. Females are predominantly brownish while juveniles are speckled. Males actually are black with white shoulder. Also it would really help if you add the equipment details doc. Thanks for sharing

Dr. Kalpamoi Kakati
09-10-2011, 01:20 PM
This appears to be a Pied Buschat juvenille. Females are predominantly brownish while juveniles are speckled. Males actually are black with white shoulder. Also it would really help if you add the equipment details doc. Thanks for sharing

Thanks Supreet for helping in ID.I use a Canon 500D body with Sigma 150-500mm lens.

Saktipada Panigrahi
10-10-2011, 06:30 AM
Bhai Supreet,
On 7.10.2011,08.12 P.M itself ,I wrote that" It appears to me to be a Pied Bushchat,possibly a Male."

On 9.10.2011,12.47 P.M,You have given your view that" It appears to be a Pied Buschat Juvenille( possibly you meant Bushchat,Juvenile".You asked for Equipment details which Dr. Kakoti had immediately provided.

'Juvenile' means 'Young'.Juvenile is a Grey Word behind which" ALL OF US HIDE",if we donot
mention "Male" or "Female" . Because we see only ONE VIEW in a Photograph and there lies the disadvantage.Whereas the Photographer sees SOME of the Many Views:Front/Elevation,Top,Bottom,Side,Anguler,Rear, Flying Wings. And of course "Call of the Bird",Flying trajectory,Feeding Habits.

Dr. Kakoti has kindly provided you the equipment details . If you so feel and at your discretion, you may now tell us whether its a Male or Female,if possible.
SaktiWild

P.S:No Bird Photograph is Complete without specifying Male or Female.A Photographer is the best person to Identify in most of the cases barring a Few.

Bhargava Srivari
10-10-2011, 09:42 PM
I agree with Saktipada in this being a juvenile male. Nice composition. Did you try a vertical in the field? That will help eliminate the leaves/branches at the right of the frame and may look good too.

tfs