Goutham Shankar
24-04-2009, 11:26 AM
Camera : Nikon D40
Lens : 18-55 VR

Mrudul Godbole
24-04-2009, 11:47 AM
Hi Goutham,

Welcome to IndiaWilds..!!

Nice use of the road to show how it winds through the area.I liked the composition. A bit more sharpness in the leaves would have enhanced the photograph further. Please post the exif details, to help in commenting.

Were you driving when you took this photograph?

Keep posting..

Goutham Shankar
24-04-2009, 12:03 PM
Hi Mrudul,

I took this while driving. will post the exif details soon.

Sabyasachi Patra
24-04-2009, 12:10 PM
Gautham,
Roads often help in leading the eye into the photograph. A lower angle from the road level would have enhanced the photograph tremendously. Ofcourse, you won't be able to get down from the vehicle.

A dirt road would have been better as it would have conveyed the sense of wilderness. However, I know that this road from K Gudi till Billigiri rangan is pukka, though it has pot holes. Try clicking a scene inside the forest. You can get some nice landscapes with dirt roads moving up into the hills.

The blurred leaves gives a different feel to the image.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Goutham Shankar
24-04-2009, 09:29 PM
Thanks Sabyasachi.

Exif Details:
f/4
1/100
aperture priority
ISO 400
metering center-weighted
18mm

Sabyasachi Patra
24-04-2009, 09:43 PM
Goutham,
Thanks for posting the details. It is better to use a narrow apperture for higher depth of field. In this case you had used f4. Setting it to f8 would have reduced the shutter speed to 1/25th sec. If you are in a safari vehicle, ask the driver to stop the engine and the click after placing your camera on a support or bracing your arms on the vehicle for support. That will help in increasing the sharpness.

Try using the depth of field preview button as well to know the depth of field you are getting in a particular setting.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi