PDA

View Full Version : Shikra...Accipiter badius...Juv..

Tapas Chattopadhyay
09-10-2011, 05:43 PM
Shot at Kolkata....With canon 550D and 100-400...f 5.6, SS 1/500, ISO 100

Mrudul Godbole
09-10-2011, 06:35 PM
Nice curious pose. Good eye contact. Was it cloudy? Why only f5.6? A narrower aperture would have helped to get more details. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
09-10-2011, 07:32 PM
The eye contact is nice. Love this bird. This reminds me of my home.

There is noise in this image even at ISO 100. Is this a large crop? Did you pull up the shadows a lot during post processing?

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Tapas Chattopadhyay
09-10-2011, 08:13 PM
The eye contact is nice. Love this bird. This reminds me of my home.

There is noise in this image even at ISO 100. Is this a large crop? Did you pull up the shadows a lot during post processing?

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

The original image size was 5184x3456 pixels, size 4.48 MB....I have done a small crop in Adobe PS CS3 Extended with 800 x 600 Pixels and 72 pixels/inch....a bit change in levels and selective sharpening done....I have noticed the noise too but refrained from using of Neat image...am I following any wrong procedure during cropping in PS?

Saktipada Panigrahi
10-10-2011, 10:53 AM
Nice Image.In my view, it is a Female Juvenile. It has almost reached Adulthood.Nice Pose, White underparts , Grey spots , Yellow Eyes well documented.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

P.S: Previous postings( same) may kindly be deleted.Facing difficulty in Posting.

Bhargava Srivari
10-10-2011, 09:55 PM
Nice curious pose. The eye has come out well. The colors look a little dull to me. A slight contrast and/or saturation boost may be better.

Given the image size you mentioned, it seems like you have been shooting in jpeg format. I am not very clear about the process, but I remember reading somewhere that when you set the shooting mode to jpeg, the camera still shoots the image in RAW and the RAW file is converted to jpeg. During this algorithm, the image is compressed from say 20 MB+ to close to 4.5MB and this results in loss of details and will not allow too much cropping. Also, even slight PP may reslut in noise in the BG. I would suggest that you start shooting in RAW. The RAW files can be directly opened on PS CS3, but you'll have to install Adobe camera RAW which is a free software.

Cheers

Tapas Chattopadhyay
11-10-2011, 11:58 AM
Thanks Bhargava....I have decided to shoot further in RAW format only....

Nice curious pose. The eye has come out well. The colors look a little dull to me. A slight contrast and/or saturation boost may be better.

Given the image size you mentioned, it seems like you have been shooting in jpeg format. I am not very clear about the process, but I remember reading somewhere that when you set the shooting mode to jpeg, the camera still shoots the image in RAW and the RAW file is converted to jpeg. During this algorithm, the image is compressed from say 20 MB+ to close to 4.5MB and this results in loss of details and will not allow too much cropping. Also, even slight PP may reslut in noise in the BG. I would suggest that you start shooting in RAW. The RAW files can be directly opened on PS CS3, but you'll have to install Adobe camera RAW which is a free software.

Cheers