PDA

View Full Version : Habitat

Bibhav Behera
10-10-2011, 03:49 PM
Hope you guys aren't getting bored of the owlets. :blush:
Wanted a shot to portray the habitat of the Owlets. Have seen them often in semi urban locations as well.

Canon 450D, 420mm
SS 1/100 (+0.3)
f/5.6
ISO 400

Full Frame image shot handheld.
Comments and Critiques welcome.

Sabyasachi Patra
10-10-2011, 06:06 PM
I love their eyes. I think you composed keeping in mind there were more of vegetation on your right. However, I think moving the camera to the right, ie. less space at left would have helped in avoiding/minimising the bright sky.

Light was low. Else, I would have loved some narrow aperture images as well.

We had some superstition that owls means bad luck. I used to wonder why, as Owl is supposed to be the vehicle of Godesses Laxmi. In this age, when everybody blindly chases money, I wonder why nobody thinks of "appeasing" the "vehicle of Laxmi". Instead, some unscrupulous fellows are hunting the owls for some black magic rituals. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Saktipada Panigrahi
10-10-2011, 06:22 PM
Lovely Eyes,Nice Photograph.But I expected its true Habitat from you.BARN OWL(Laxmi Pencha)(TYTO ALBA) is Ma Laxmi's Bahan (Associate).Tomorrow is Laxmi Puja.Can any one of my young professional friends post a Photo of BARN OWL?Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Mrudul Godbole
10-10-2011, 08:36 PM
Lovely stare. Agree about less space on the left. Nice details. Thanks for sharing.

Atul Sinai
10-10-2011, 09:10 PM
Nice shot, loved the eyes. Tough one to shoot through the obstructions, you did well. TFS

Regards,
Atul

Bhargava Srivari
10-10-2011, 10:03 PM
I too love their eyes. Agree with comments on composition.

tfs