PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone

Theo Webb
11-10-2011, 03:11 AM
Hi everyone,

Finally managed to get to write something on the forum today after months of trying to get through my inbox!

Great to be on here and see what great pictures everyone is taking. Please please feedback on any pictures I upload or link to. I would love to have the feedback or help in ID-ing the animals! Any advice is good advice I think!

I am 25 and from the UK but I have travelled to India a few times over the last 8 years and I hope to travel back with my holidays as well as with my work for the rest of my life. I work for the BBC making wildlife documentaries and so I am lucky enough to have my work as my passion as well. I hope to travel to some of the best places in India to see some of the best wildlife in the world! I love Indian wildlife as much as I love the country and I am currently at the first stages of learning Hindi so I hope one day to be able to come and speak about the things I love in Hindi one day!

I look forward to posting and being in contact with people on here!

Best wishes,

Theo

I must also say that my comments on this site are mine and not those of the BBC - regulations I need to write - sorry!

Bhargava Srivari
11-10-2011, 08:40 AM
Hello Theo! Namaste and welcome to Indiawilds!

Nice to see someone as passionate as you are to be a part of the forum. I look forward to your active participation in discussions and your suggestions to young photographers in regard to constant improvement.

Cheers

Sabyasachi Patra
11-10-2011, 11:38 AM
Hi Theo,
Welcome to IndiaWilds!

Good to know that work in BBC which has got a great fan following in India! Evident from the traditional Namaste (the traditional greeting with folded hands) that you got from our fellow member in the previous response. Sir Mark Tully, Ex-BBC is a great fan of India is widely followed and revered here. Good to see a young guy like you falling in love with India and its wildlife. We need more such people to spread awareness about our vanishing wildlife and wilderness areas.

What role do you play in the wildlife documentaries?

Good to have another documentary filmmaker here. I have just made one and you can find the details here: A Call in the Rainforest - preview - Indiawilds: Land of the Tiger. Conservation, Wildlife Photography, Communities (http://www.indiawilds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7402)

Most of our members are photographers and naturalists and you can definitely get the id of birds, animals and insects etc. You need to post individual images in the various sections so that others can help you with id and critique the images.

It is good to know that you are learning Hindi. However, there are many different languages spoken in the various states. Tough to learn all those. However, people are generally warm and try to help even if you don't know the language.

Look forward to your images as well as your perspective. You can mention in the signature that views and comments expressed are solely yours and doesn't reflect that of BBC.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Atul Sinai
18-10-2011, 08:57 PM
Hi Theo,

Welcome to IndiaWilds. Would love to provide feedback on your posts.

Regards,
Atul