PDA

View Full Version : Shocked woodpecker

Bhargava Srivari
11-10-2011, 12:44 PM
We were driving back to our resort after the morning safari, and saw this cute chap hit a speeding car while flying low across the raod.
He fell to the ground, and didnot move a bit. our driver picked him up and place him inside our jeep.
The curious look this bird was giving me all the while were driving is memorable! Once back in the resort, we placed him on a tree and he felt at home. He flew away afer allowing me to make a few close up pictures, probably as a sign of gratitude :P It appeared to me as though the bird was in shock and hence could not move initially.
f6.3, ISO 800, 1/80sec, EV +0.7, 250mm, subject distance: 3m

Saktipada Panigrahi
11-10-2011, 02:51 PM
In our Life Nothing is more Valued than Compassion.May God Bless You All.The Bird has not yet recovered from the Shock.

Thank you for sharing.SaktiWild

Atul Sinai
11-10-2011, 07:15 PM
The bird looks dazed. It was great that you guys provided the much needed help. From photography point of view, I would have preferred a bit more space all around. The vertical composition looks nice. Thanks Bhargava for sharing the photograph and the related information.

Regards,
Atul

Mrudul Godbole
11-10-2011, 08:11 PM
The eye contact is nice. Good to know that it was not injured. Looks like the light was bad. A higher shutter speed would have been good. Thanks for sharing.

Roopak Gangadharan
11-10-2011, 08:27 PM
Lucky that it survived.
TFS
Roopak

Supreet Sahoo
12-10-2011, 03:23 PM
A touching story indeed Bhargava and a noble act by you guys. Looks like you are really starting to enjoy time with these winged beauties these days.