PDA

View Full Version : Demoiselle Cranes

Vikram Gupchup
12-10-2011, 02:41 PM
I was pleasantly surprised to enjoy the company of a few thousand of these wonderful birds during a "village safari" around Jodhpur last week.
A completely unexpected encounter at a road side pond!

Saktipada Panigrahi
12-10-2011, 03:44 PM
Good News.They have arrived in Huge Flocks for spending Winter there. Nice and Record Image. Enjoy Nature wherever you move.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Sabyasachi Patra
12-10-2011, 08:30 PM
Good to see them in large numbers. With the village ponds and wetlands vanishing at a fast rate, good to see that there is some habitat left for them. They live in fairly harmonious relationship with the people there. I am sure it would have been exciting to watch these birds. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
12-10-2011, 09:09 PM
Nice environment photograph. Good to see them in such large numbers. I read somewhere that this year not many birds have come to Bharatpur. It s good to see they are finding other places. Thanks for sharing.

Roopak Gangadharan
13-10-2011, 12:05 PM
Nice to see this. I did have a similar experience 2 day ago when a I saw more than 100 whimbrel at a beach near by. First time Im seeing them on this beach in such large numbers. I guess migrants will keep looking for better places as the disturbance in known flocking areas keep increasing.

TFS
Roopak