PDA

View Full Version : Copper Smith Barbet

Subhranil Dey
14-10-2011, 02:30 PM
Shot at Kalikapur, 24 pgs (s)...f 6.3; SS 1/125; ISO 200;

Mrudul Godbole
14-10-2011, 02:57 PM
Quite difficult conditions to photograph. Wish the angle was less steep. Which equipment do you use? A higher ISO like 400 would have been good to get more shutter speed and more sharpness. Thanks for sharing.

Tapas Chattopadhyay
14-10-2011, 03:01 PM
Agreed with the comment made. It is always better to try to shoot a bird at it's eye level, and therefore, birds perched above may be avoided. Thanks for sharing.

Saktipada Panigrahi
14-10-2011, 03:07 PM
Nice to see the Image of this Beautiful Bird( Basantabouri in Bengali) in the neighbourhood of Kolkata.It is a regular visitor to my small Garden during Spring.I like the Composition of the Photograph,all important Identification Marks documented, slightly out of Focus.You could not possibly get its Head Horizontal for a better photograph. Experts handling DSLRs may guide you.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Sabyasachi Patra
14-10-2011, 09:05 PM
I agree that a higher shutter speed would have been better. Which camera and lens were you using? How much of a crop is this image? Remember, when you crop an image, you are also magnifying the imperfections. So you have to get the focus right. I guess you were pointing the lens up. If you have a longer lens, then backing off and clicking will give you a lower angle. Else, climbing on some one's terrace to shoot will be great.

Subhranil Dey
15-10-2011, 09:04 AM
I hearty thanks everybody for the comment on my post.
I will remember the tips and try to follow them.

With warm regards

Subhranil Dey