PDA

View Full Version : Red Vented Bulbul

Naveen Sharma
14-10-2011, 09:27 PM
F/5.6, Shutter: 1/250s @ ISO 200

Mrudul Godbole
14-10-2011, 09:46 PM
The calling pose is nice. A vertical would have been better to include the tail, but then you would have to include more of the iron railing also. You could have used a narrower aperture and higher ISO to get more details. Any special processing done on the background? Which camera and lens do u use? Thanks for sharing.

Naveen Sharma
14-10-2011, 09:57 PM
Mrudul

The reason i shot it at 5.6 is to see her eyes. whenever i shot her at f9 or f8, the eyes are never really visible (the bird was never close though in such cases) as it darkens the overall image.

I'll keep your advice in the mind the next time i get to click this bird.

Nothing has been done as far as background is concerned, only increased the sharpness a bit. Camera used is canon eos 1100d with a 55-250mm lens

Sabyasachi Patra
15-10-2011, 03:20 PM
Naveen,
Were you clicking in manual mode, Av or Tv mode? If you were shooting in Av or Tv mode, then changing aperture won't make the image darker. The relation between aperture and shutter speed remains the same in the program, Av or Tv mode and when you change one the other automatically gets set. If less aperture is increased from f5.6 to f8 (lens opening reduced by a stop) then shutter speed will come down by a stop.

Sabyasachi