PDA

View Full Version : Bushchat Female

Mrudul Godbole
15-10-2011, 07:57 PM
Photographed near Maidanahalli. It was perched quite close to car, only problem was it was against the sun and I forgot to reset the ISO :(.

Canon 50D, 100-400mm L IS USM, ISO 640, f5.6, 1/4000, hand held, full frame.

Comments and critiques welcome..

Bhargava Srivari
15-10-2011, 08:09 PM
Pretty neatly exposed. I am fine with the composition. A catch light in the eye will look good for these birds, but I'm afraid the lighting wasn't right for you!

tfs

Atul Sinai
15-10-2011, 10:25 PM
Nice composition. Well focused and sharp.

Mrudul, even I have memories of forgetting to change the setting.
It does happen to me sometimes that I am lost watching the bird and I forget to change the setting in sync with changed position/perch of the bird. Does hamper the image to a certain extent. Ideally one needs to be aware of the settings before shooting every single image. Working in manual mode has helped me reduce such instances but I do risk loosing some shots.

TFS

Regards,
Atul

Sabyasachi Patra
15-10-2011, 11:00 PM
Normally we prefer a lower ISO to reduce noise, however, this one looks nice. The background has come out well and the bird stands out. Though this is against the light, however, the eye is clear. The birds with black eye and black brows/head are the ones that create problems during against the light scenarios as it becomes difficult to distinguish the eye. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Saktipada Panigrahi
15-10-2011, 11:30 PM
Nice, Well Composed Photograph under fairly difficult condition.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild.

Roopak Gangadharan
17-10-2011, 03:41 PM
Nice Bg and well composed.

TFS
Roopak