PDA

View Full Version : BIF- Common Kingfisher

Supreet Sahoo
16-10-2011, 03:13 PM
Common Kingfisher Fishing - This was however a failed attempt. As for me, Im still trying my hands on flight photography.

Specs-
Canon EOS 7D , EF300mm f/4L IS USM +1.4x
1/640
Spot Metering
EV - O
ISO 400
Crop - 30%

Sabyasachi Patra
16-10-2011, 05:56 PM
It is tough to get a kingfisher in flight, as the bird is pretty fast. You may try prefocusing at one spot and click when the bird passes that area.

The best kingfisher flight/diving photos are clicked from hides set up near a waterhole. If you can move in close, then it may be easier for you.

Shutter speed needs to be higher.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Supreet Sahoo
16-10-2011, 06:11 PM
The bird was actually a little far but i still agree with the pre focusing technique, flight photography sure is challenging and im really enjoying it. Need some help in buying/making a hide. Whatever ive seen is either very expensive or not available in india. Any help will be appreciated.

Saktipada Panigrahi
16-10-2011, 10:14 PM
Nice Photograph,to my mind.This picture is a great REMINISCENCE for me how I used to PRE-FOCUS( word borrowed from Shri Sabyasachi) My Eyes towards the Sky between two Tall Trees for IAF Aircrafts to zoom past the Gap on each Republic Day ,when I was in New Delhi. Nature's Aerodynamics,Cockpit,Flaps,Array of Colours, Speed all documented so well.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Mrudul Godbole
17-10-2011, 08:40 PM
Nice attempt. Its quite difficult to get a kingfisher in flight. You need a high shutter speed atleast 1/1000. Also since you were a bit far, so there is some noise in the image.

Sabyasachi wanted the hide and I had got it from UK, it is quite costly. You can buy camouflage cloth and create a makeshift hide. Thanks for sharing.