PDA

View Full Version : A habitat shot.....

Tapas Chattopadhyay
17-10-2011, 03:26 PM
It's an effort as advised by Sabyasachi Patra to include the surroundings.....f 5.6; SS 1/800, ISO 100....canon 550D, canon 100-400...

Bhargava Srivari
17-10-2011, 06:23 PM
Good to see you tring to include as much habitat as possible. As someone who is still struggling to make good looking environment pictures, I can tell you that it will take some time before you enjoy making those images, but the wait is woth it :)

In this image, what was the exposure compensation? A slightly more positiove value may have been better.

Mrudul Godbole
17-10-2011, 08:57 PM
Nice environment photograph. The perch and the eye contact is nice. The low angle adds to the image. Nice clean background. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
17-10-2011, 08:58 PM
Good attempt. Slightly less space at the left and more to the right would have been good.

The contrast is high. Lower the contrast and pull up the shadows and a little bit of fill light. The blacks have become too black and has lost details.

The colour temperature needs to be lowered. Did you select any preset white balance? Increasing the colour temperature during post processing gives a typical yellow look and also impacts the overexposed areas. You can see that the throat portion. So reducing the colour temperature will also help in controlling the exposure issues to an extent.

I don't think a positive exposure compensation would have helped here, as that might have further aggravated the throat area.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Ragoo Rao
19-10-2011, 07:14 PM
Lovely capture , beautiful picture.

Martin Pedwell
19-10-2011, 10:14 PM
Beautiful Colours

thank you for posting this photograph, i really enjoyed viewing it