100-400mm
f5.6
1/200
ISO 200
Aperture Priority

Sabyasachi Patra
24-04-2009, 10:01 PM
Udai,
Your idea is right. You tried to use the road as a leading line. Unfortunately in this case, you were photographing the road close to you. So the eye quickly moves ahead into the scene and the point where the road takes the turn, there is nothing of interest to hold our attention. The dark rock and the small portion of the trees doesn't make such interesting viewing.

If you would have photographed this scene by moving your vehicle back, then you would have got more of the scene ie. a longer patch of the road and the full length of the trees.

Finally, you ought to increase the depth of field so your aperture needs to be moved up to f8 and beyond.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
25-04-2009, 06:16 PM
Hi Udai,

A nice composition.Getting more of the trees in the background and more length of the road would have definately added to the composition further as suggested by Sabyasachi.

Since you were using 100-400mm lens, I think you were not able to get the wider landscape. I too face the same problem with my 100-400mm lens :). Have to carry my 18-55mm lens for landscapes.

Keep posting..