PDA

View Full Version : Elephant Family Crossing the Road

Martin Pedwell
20-10-2011, 11:06 PM
Hi Guys,

Below is a photograph i took back in February 2007, It is of a small elephant family crossing the road in Mudumalai National Park.

I was in a jeep with some forest guards looking back along the road, we had been waiting there for about 45 minutes. Previous before that we had to move on some tourists whoose cars were blocking the path that the elephants wanted to cross.

After they had been educated the tourists got the same view i had.

hope you enjoy

Detials are

Canon D400 f3.2, 1/1000sec., ISO 400, Focal Length 200mm, No Flash

Roopak Gangadharan
20-10-2011, 11:45 PM
Lovely image Martin. Loved the little calf... moving on to survive the south indian summer........good that you were able to convince the tourists. Having tried that on atleast a hundred occasions have to say the successful attempts are few and far between.

The reserve's elephant migration corridor is all caught up in legal wrangles on every other point...legislation, jurisdiction, classification, extent, ownership... so many complex thoughts agst such simple needs ... just hope the gentle giants get the fodder & water to survive the summer months and thrive.

wud have been even better if you cud zoom out a bit more and include the last elephant in full ...she seems to to urging the calfs to move quickly

TFS
Roopak

Sabyasachi Patra
21-10-2011, 11:21 AM
I agree with Roopak. Nice to see small kids. A wider shot with some more space on the left as well as right would have been great. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
22-10-2011, 10:47 AM
Lovely sighting. The calves in the middle add to the image. Nice background. Maybe slight less of the road in the foreground and more space at the top would have been good. Thanks for sharing.

Bhargava Srivari
22-10-2011, 02:15 PM
A pleasing scene. Agree that a wider perspective would look nicer. I heard from a friend who runs a farmhouse in Mudumalai that several resorts have been asked to shut down beofre the end of this year to faciliate better elephant migration. Wish it happens as per the plan.

tfs