PDA

View Full Version : Wild Dog in Bandipur.

Suraj Sreedhar
24-10-2011, 02:12 PM
ISO-1000
Aperture-F5.6
Focal Length-179mm
Sutter Speed-1/250s
Camera-Canon eos 550D
Lens 55-250mm
Date 19-10-2011
Time 6:40 am
This was shot on a misty morning at Bandipur National Park.

Saktipada Panigrahi
24-10-2011, 02:24 PM
Nice Image.The composition with front legs one step up, habitat which always fascinates me,natural colour,good eye contact and beautiful tail well documented.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Suraj Sreedhar
24-10-2011, 03:54 PM
Thanks for the reply.......:001_smile:

Sabyasachi Patra
24-10-2011, 07:16 PM
Suraj,
Creating an environmental portrait is not easy. However, when created well, environmental portraits have a huge impact.

Is this image cropped or full frame?
How are you processing your images? Which software?
Did you click in RAW or jpeg?
When you clicked the engine of the jeep was switched on or off?

Light appears to be low. However, at 1/250 seconds and at 179 mm, I would expect a higher shutter speed. You can check this article for improving sharpness of your images: Indiawilds: Land of the Tiger. Conservation, Wildlife Photography, Communities (http://www.indiawilds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=268)

Where ever possible, eye level or a lower angle improves the image as that shows the perspective of the subject. If the vehicles was stopped and no one was moving, then I would try a narrow aperture life f8. Reducing the aperture to f8 would have reduced the shutter speed by one stop to 1/125 and still be good for handholding (because of the smaller focal length).

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Atul Sinai
24-10-2011, 08:23 PM
Suraj, I liked the overall feel of the image.

Habitat images need higher apertures in order to get more depth of field.

Avoid center compositions unless required, learning about rule of thirds would help in composing your images better. Getting the angles right is also equally important.

Canon 55-250mm is bit soft at f5.6. It performs well between f8 to f11, f11 being the best.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards,
Atul

Suraj Sreedhar
24-10-2011, 09:33 PM
I did not do any post processing for this img.
The image is full frame.
The image was clicked in jpeg.
I am using Photoscape.
As the subject was moving the engine was switched on.
It was shot early morning & mist had occupied the grounds........

Thanks for all your valuable comments.

Mrudul Godbole
25-10-2011, 09:52 AM
Nice pose. Agree with the above comments. It will be good to shoot in RAW, as that helps to retain all the details when you do post processing. Placing it more to the right in the frame would be good. Thanks for sharing.