PDA

View Full Version : The Jackal

Prashant Jois
24-10-2011, 11:10 PM
This was shot on a early morning against the golden light.

ISO 200, 1/200s, F 9, 340 mm in aperture priority. Handheld and cropped.

Sabyasachi Patra
25-10-2011, 09:29 AM
Prashant,

Where was this clicked?

You got the eyes without much of obstruction. The dew drops look good. I agree with the use of f9 aperture here. It would have been nice if the eyes of the jackal were in light. That would have added a lot to the image. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
25-10-2011, 10:20 AM
Good sighting. Nice stare. Good you got the eyes in clear. Maybe giving a slight +ve exposure would have been good. Wish the light had been from behind you. Thanks for sharing.

Prashant Jois
25-10-2011, 02:30 PM
Prashant,

Where was this clicked?

You got the eyes without much of obstruction. The dew drops look good. I agree with the use of f9 aperture here. It would have been nice if the eyes of the jackal were in light. That would have added a lot to the image. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Sabyasachiji,

This was an unexpected visitor in Hessarghatta Lake.

Regards,
-Prashant

Bhargava Srivari
25-10-2011, 10:17 PM
I like the overall feel of the image. Now, I'm even more excited about seeing Hesarghatta :P Been planning for a long time, but hasn't happened.

Why only 340mm when you cropped it?

tfs

Prashant Jois
25-10-2011, 10:23 PM
I like the overall feel of the image. Now, I'm even more excited about seeing Hesarghatta :P Been planning for a long time, but hasn't happened.

Why only 340mm when you cropped it?

tfs

Bhargava,

I think I was too lucky to spot this on that day. In fact there were many guys out there and no one could spot this (though there was a car just ahead of us). No one have spotted the Jackal's in the near term or at least I am not aware of it. The bottom line is don't come down with very high hopes of seeing a mammal there.

You will come to know about the 340 mm story when I post the next image which happens to be a close-up image of this beauty.

Let me know when you plan to come down to Bangalore.

Thanks,
-Prashant.

Bhargava Srivari
25-10-2011, 11:25 PM
Prashant,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I really don't plan to come there with expectations. I am only curious about seeing Bengaluru's most popular weekend birding area :D