PDA

View Full Version : Paddyfield Pipit

Prashant Jois
24-10-2011, 11:15 PM
I liked the attention pose of this bird. 1/500, F 10, ISO 200, EC -1/3, 400 mm. Handheld and cropped.

Had to bring down the EC to avoid over exposure of the white belly. Please pass on your C&C.

Mrudul Godbole
25-10-2011, 12:58 PM
Nice pose. Good details and sharpness. The background is nice and clean. The low angle adds to the composition. A slight head turn away from you would have enhanced the eye contact further. Thanks for sharing.

Roopak Gangadharan
25-10-2011, 09:33 PM
Nice pose and details .like the compo.

TFS
Roopak

Sabyasachi Patra
25-10-2011, 09:40 PM
The low angle looks nice. Did you click this in Hessarghatta as well? Haven't been there for a long time, since they started digging.

Slight head turn would have enhanced the image. This looks like a fairly large crop. Slightly less sharpening would be good. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Prashant Jois
25-10-2011, 10:15 PM
The low angle looks nice. Did you click this in Hessarghatta as well? Haven't been there for a long time, since they started digging.

Slight head turn would have enhanced the image. This looks like a fairly large crop. Slightly less sharpening would be good. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Sabyasachiji,

You are absolutely right about the spot. They have spoiled such a beautiful place and habitat by digging for mud and digging for new plantation.

Do you recommend to use any specific software for monitor calibration or something similar to that? Not sure what to do with the sharpness, on my monitor this is looking okay but a friend of mine also commented on similar lines. Your advise on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
-Prashant.

Sabyasachi Patra
25-10-2011, 11:08 PM
Which monitor are you using? Resolution?

For colour calibration I use Spider 3 Pro from Datacolour. I have been using it since last 4 years. A new version called Spider Elite has been launched after that.

How are you sharpening? Which software do you use?

Prashant Jois
25-10-2011, 11:38 PM
Which monitor are you using? Resolution?

For colour calibration I use Spider 3 Pro from Datacolour. I have been using it since last 4 years. A new version called Spider Elite has been launched after that.

How are you sharpening? Which software do you use?

I am using Acer AL1717 monitor which is at least 5 years old by now. I am using 1280 x 1024 resolution.

I use Digital Photo Professional from Canon to sharpen by one increment in both RAW and RGB tab on the panel. After this I convert to JPEG. Then I go to photo shop and apply unsharpen filter by 300-350 (after most of the processing is done except for frame) and this point its looks okay on my monitor. Am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks,
-Prashant