PDA

View Full Version : Bay-backed Shrike

Prashant Jois
25-10-2011, 10:52 PM
This image was shot in Hessarghatta with Canon 7D and 100-400 lens. ISO 100, 1/320s, F 10 in aperture mode, EV + 1/3, 285mm.

Thanks for viewing and please pass on your comments.

Sabyasachi Patra
26-10-2011, 09:46 AM
Why 285 mm? How much of a crop is this?

The eye contact is good. I would have liked some more details in the head. You have to be careful about the frame edges and see that as far as possible the leaves should be completely inside the frame. If there is a hint of leaf, then that will give an impression of an accidental composition vs an intentional composition. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
26-10-2011, 05:23 PM
The perch and eye contact is nice. Agree some more details in the eye would be good, maybe there was some movement. Slight less space on the left would enhance the composition further. Thanks for sharing.

Prashant Jois
26-10-2011, 11:14 PM
Sabyasachiji,

Actually, earlier on that day in the field I goofed up with close up shot almost full zoom of a Jackal which was there for a short period of time which resulted in missing out the legs of it. When a realized that, I was bit disappointed and frustrated and after that I was bit hesitant to zoom freely. And hence 285mm. This is close to 1/3 of the original image.

Thanks,
-Prashant.