PDA

View Full Version : Spotted Dove

Prashant Jois
26-10-2011, 11:23 PM
Wishing you and your family Happy Diwali! Sorry about the twig on the right top corner could not avoid it. Used Canon 7D with 100-400 lens. ISO 100, 1/200s, F 11 in aperture mode, EC + 1/3.

Prashant Jois
27-10-2011, 01:30 AM
Forgot to mention the focal length which happens to be 400mm.

Bhargava Srivari
27-10-2011, 09:08 AM
Prashant,

Wish you a very happy deepavali. I know I'm wishing late :P

These kind of scenes require a high DoF and it is good that you were at f11. I agree with you that htis image would look nicer withiut the twig on the right. I like the pattern created by the intervening brances behind the bird's back in the foreground.

tfs

Mrudul Godbole
27-10-2011, 12:04 PM
Happy Deepavali..!!
The vertical composition is nice. Good catch light in the eye. The narrow aperture has helped to get good details. A slight less space at the bottom and more at the top would be good. Wish the stick was not present, its good to try and avoid else its ok to include as it is. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
27-10-2011, 07:00 PM
I agree that the narrow aperture along with the crop has helped here in ensuring better depth of field. Tough scene to compose due to the branches. There seems to be a dust spot pn the left near the body, I guess it would have been gone by now due to the sensor self cleaning mechanism. Keep trying, you will get much better compositions of this bird.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi