PDA

View Full Version : Morning Hunter (Female Shikra)

Supreet Sahoo
28-10-2011, 08:35 PM
A beautiful sight for a bird lover cannot come in a better way really. Perched in beautiful morning light at an arms distance and extremely cooperative raptor is what we dream for. This one here is a female and nearly full frame shot.
Exif-
Camera Model Canon EOS 7D
Lens EF300mm f/4L IS USM +1.4x
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/200
Av( Aperture Value ) 8.0
Exposure Compensation -1/3
ISO Speed 400

Mrudul Godbole
28-10-2011, 08:42 PM
Lovely light. Nice catch light in the eye. Good details. Nicely captured. Thanks for sharing.

Bhargava Srivari
28-10-2011, 08:43 PM
Nice subtle lighting. The composition seems fine. Did you try moving a little forward/backward to see if it was possible to get a completely green BG? The image appears soft to me. Could you share your PP workflow?

tfs

Supreet Sahoo
28-10-2011, 08:47 PM
This was taken from a jeep. I did try a few compositions to create diff bg's but the bird couldnt take it anymore and i really didnt want to disturb it. Yes i agree on the softness though. I am working on the other shots that i got to try and see if it can be sharper.

Sabyasachi Patra
29-10-2011, 10:28 AM
Nice image. The eye contact is nice. If you are in doubt about sharpness, don't crop.

The shutter speed was 1/200, so it should be ok for handholding an IS lens. However, if there are other people in the jeep moving around, or if engine is on, then it is better that you use a higher shutter speed.

It seems you have uploaded an image larger than 300kb and the software has done some resizing. Please check.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Supreet Sahoo
29-10-2011, 11:17 AM
The info says exactly 300kb and thats where the problem might be. Ill double check when i upload my future images. Thanks

-Supreet