PDA

View Full Version : Black-shouldered Kite

Prashant Jois
28-10-2011, 10:42 PM
Another Black-shouldered Kite in a different pose and perch as compared to the one in my very first posting on this wonderful site "http://indiawilds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7639".

This image was a handheld shot using a Canon 7D with 100-400mm. ISO 100, 1/500s, F 9 in aperture mode, EV +1/3 at 400 mm.

I can see that something coming out just below its right claws. Is it a tail of a mice or something like that? Which I never noticed while shooting this bird

Mrudul Godbole
29-10-2011, 08:43 AM
The red eye looks nice. Nice perch. Yes it seems like it had caught a small mice. You might have got it feeding later, did it fly off? I would prefer a more rectangular composition than a square one. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
29-10-2011, 10:34 AM
Love the red eyes of this species. It is great that it turned its head so sunlight could fall on its eyes and make it glow red. Good that you caught it with a prey. May be waiting there for sometime would have given you a view of it feeding. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Supreet Sahoo
29-10-2011, 06:07 PM
I really like the way you have exposed it and the beautiful bright red eye. Good one. TFS.

Supreet

Prashant Jois
29-10-2011, 06:28 PM
As I mentioned earlier that I did not realize that it had a kill. I only realized during post processing otherwise I would definitely stayed around to take additional shots. For various reasons, we had to leave this bird alone.