PDA

View Full Version : ID please

Sagar Vadodaria
02-11-2011, 04:33 PM
Not sure of the ID, Shot @ Botanical Garden , Kondapur , Hyderabad.

NIKON D90, Nikon 70-300mm @ 300mm, Aperture Priority ,
F5.6, 1/100, ISO 200, Exposure +0.7,

Saktipada Panigrahi
02-11-2011, 06:47 PM
Nice Image.To me it appears to be Female Purple-Rumped Sunbird(Nectarinia Zeylonica). Seems original colour of underbelly is partially lost at the time of clicking or processing.Thanks for sharing SaktiWild.

P.S:In the recently published book by BNHS titled 'Birds of Indian Subcontinent' -Ranjit Manakadan,J.C.Daniel and Nikhil Bhopale, it has been classified as Leptocoma Zeylonica.
Why this change?

Sagar Vadodaria
02-11-2011, 07:36 PM
Nice Image.To me it appears to be Female Purple-Rumped Sunbird(Nectarinia Zeylonica). Seems original colour of underbelly is partially lost at the time of clicking or processing.Thanks for sharing SaktiWild.

P.S:In the recently published book by BNHS titled 'Birds of Indian Subcontinent' -Ranjit Manakadan,J.C.Daniel and Nikhil Bhopale, it has been classified as Leptocoma Zeylonica.
Why this change?
Thanks for the ID Sakti, i think while capturing itself it got over exposed and hence lost that details..thanks for the input as well..

Sabyasachi Patra
02-11-2011, 09:18 PM
Hi Sagar,
Please check this article on exposure: Indiawilds: Land of the Tiger. Conservation, Wildlife Photography, Communities (http://www.indiawilds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2006)

The whites once blown cannot be recovered. Opening up the shadows will be better. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Sagar Vadodaria
03-11-2011, 08:34 AM
That was a really nice writeup Sabyasachi, will starting exposing to right from now on.. i was mostly keeping it on center as you might have expected :)

Mrudul Godbole
03-11-2011, 10:31 AM
The catch light in the eye is nice. You can always check the graph after you click the image and then reset the exposure accordingly, so you get it right. Did you try a horizontal composition here? Thanks for sharing.

Sagar Vadodaria
03-11-2011, 12:00 PM
Yeah, this is actually a crop of the horizontal composition.. but definately, this histogram lookup is a good learning , looking forward to implement it on field now.. thanks..

Ragoo Rao
03-11-2011, 07:10 PM
Purple-rumped Sunbird.