PDA

View Full Version : Nearby Gir

Sagar Vadodaria
04-11-2011, 08:35 AM
This is not from Gir National Park but close to it, i mean not the real wild stuff, but just to boost up the morale of disappointed tourist, they have created a small park where they set loose some couple of lions,.. open Zoo one can say. :)

The bus was really shaky and the public has gone crazy spoting at it, i really like the expression of the dude here. :)

Dikon D90, Nikon 70-300mm @ 100mm, Autofocus, handheld
F4.5, 1/1000, ISO 200, EC +0.7

Mrudul Godbole
04-11-2011, 09:32 AM
He seems to be curious. The light is harsh. Bit more space at the bottom to include the legs in full would have been good. An off centered composition would be good. Thanks for sharing.

Sagar Vadodaria
04-11-2011, 10:47 AM
This is one with legs , but not an off centre composition.

You said light is harsh, does it mean the EC should be 0 or -ve ? Even for this shot? Also does it appear to be soft, especially the face?

D90, 70-300mm @ 185mm,
F5, 1/640, ISO 200 EC +0.7

He seems to be curious. The light is harsh. Bit more space at the bottom to include the legs in full would have been good. An off centered composition would be good. Thanks for sharing.

Anand Madabhushi
04-11-2011, 04:13 PM
I like the colors...............is this a cub or an adult? Are these cats fed in the open zoo or do they fend for themselves?

This is not from Gir National Park but close to it, i mean not the real wild stuff, but just to boost up the morale of disappointed tourist, they have created a small park where they set loose some couple of lions,.. open Zoo one can say. :)

The bus was really shaky and the public has gone crazy spoting at it, i really like the expression of the dude here. :)

Dikon D90, Nikon 70-300mm @ 100mm, Autofocus, handheld
F4.5, 1/1000, ISO 200, EC +0.7

Bhargava Srivari
07-11-2011, 04:24 PM
Sagar,

Good that you could see the lion walking. Males usually tend to be very very lazy and lie down at the same place for long hours. So, seeing him walk is a nice sighting. In the first image, I agree that including the legs will be good. A vertical composition will be apt. In the second image, the raised hind leg looks interesting. Which focus point were you using? Or were you using the 'automatic selection' of focus point perhaps?

tfs

Sagar Vadodaria
08-11-2011, 12:11 PM
Anand, well i am not sure of the details here, but i think there are more chances of being fed and maintained by authorities... will find out in the next visit..

Bhargav, i used the single focal point selection and it was targeted at the face but being autofocus & center weighted metering it got entire body in focus.. Also you are correct, in another post, you could see the same lion being lazy and started relaxing.. :)

I like the colors...............is this a cub or an adult? Are these cats fed in the open zoo or do they fend for themselves?