PDA

View Full Version : What PP to do in this shot

Sagar Vadodaria
04-11-2011, 10:56 AM
what post processing can be done to make it better? i have the RAW so can try out your inputs. Have not done any PP so far.

D90, 70-300mm @ 116mm
F4.8, 1/320, ISO 200, EC 0

Mrudul Godbole
04-11-2011, 01:59 PM
Nice relaxed pose. The habitat looks nice. I don't think you have to do much post processing here. Just increase the clarity, contrast a bit and check the histogram and just a slight sharpness (I normally keep the default value set for sharpness). Which software do you use for post processing? Normally if the image is clicked properly in the field, then not much post processing is required. Thanks for sharing.

Sagar Vadodaria
04-11-2011, 03:26 PM
Here it is, changed the WhiteBalance to Direct Sunlight, increased contrast and Brightness by 5, and EC to -0.1 , i use ViewNX2 for importing RAW and sometimes Adobe Lightroom 3 for borders etc.

Nice relaxed pose. The habitat looks nice. I don't think you have to do much post processing here. Just increase the clarity, contrast a bit and check the histogram and just a slight sharpness (I normally keep the default value set for sharpness). Which software do you use for post processing? Normally if the image is clicked properly in the field, then not much post processing is required. Thanks for sharing.

Anand Madabhushi
04-11-2011, 04:09 PM
Nice image. The PP is minimal and enhanced the colors in the subject.

Where was this image shot?

Sabyasachi Patra
06-11-2011, 12:15 PM
In Lightroom, you can pull up the recovery slider and reducing the highlights in levels. Cropping out the bottom right corner would be better as well.

Sagar Vadodaria
08-11-2011, 12:47 PM
thanks for the inputs Sabyasachi, did Crop out the right corner, increased recovery and reduced the highlights a bit.
quality loss while uploading, i believe.

In Lightroom, you can pull up the recovery slider and reducing the highlights in levels. Cropping out the bottom right corner would be better as well.