PDA

View Full Version : CHE with kill

Bhargava Srivari
07-11-2011, 04:20 PM
Just back from a quick dash to Pench national park. The trip went well and was eventful. We sighted four tiger cubs on the last drive but they were all lying inside lantanna bushes, s oI'm afraid I don't have decent pictures of the tigers to share. However, I will post images of other mammals over the next few days. Here's a Crested hawk eagle (juvenile) with a kill.

This sighting happened after we got to know about th tiger cubs' location, so our guide and driver were unhappy when I showed them the eagle and asked to stop :P

canon 60D, canon 100-400 L IS USM
f5.6, 1/500sec, ISO 400, EV +0.7, 400mm, 4% crop.

Sabyasachi Patra
07-11-2011, 07:44 PM
Bhargava,
It is great that you got it with while it was feeding. I like the eye contact. The whites have become hot. Somehow, I am not happy with the tail being cutoff. Reducing the colour temperature and sharpening will strengthen the image. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Atul Sinai
07-11-2011, 09:31 PM
Nice Image Bhargava. Looks like it has eaten most of the catch.

Agree with Sabyasachi. Did you get a chance to zoom out and take another image without tail being cut off?

TFS

Regards,
Atul

Mrudul Godbole
09-11-2011, 02:46 PM
Lovely eye contact. The kill surely adds to the image. You could have reduced the EC from +0.7 as the whites have lost details. Did you try a horizontal composition? Agree zooming out would have helped. Maybe the driver didn't give you much time to compose as they were after the tigers :). I think there is some noise in the background, have you done any special processing? Thanks for sharing.

Roopak Gangadharan
10-11-2011, 12:47 PM
Killer looks. well captured.Agree with comments on a wider compo.

Rgds
Roopak