PDA

View Full Version : Bamera 7

Anand Madabhushi
08-11-2011, 10:29 AM
He had shifted to the dirt track when we came back in the afternoon.

1/100; f5.6; ISO320: 70-300@300

Mrudul Godbole
08-11-2011, 09:11 PM
Nice relaxed pose. Seems there was some movement, was the jeep moving when you clicked? Using higher ISO would have been good for a higher shutter speed. Is there a tilt? Thanks for sharing.

Anand Madabhushi
09-11-2011, 06:48 AM
Mrudul,

May be there was a slight movement in the vehicle. Please look at the other image I am uploading for you.

This was my first visit and may be I was not wise in my settings. The very fact of having a big cat all for one self might impair judgement. :-)

Regards

Anand

Nice relaxed pose. Seems there was some movement, was the jeep moving when you clicked? Using higher ISO would have been good for a higher shutter speed. Is there a tilt? Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
09-11-2011, 10:18 AM
Mrudul,

This was my first visit and may be I was not wise in my settings. The very fact of having a big cat all for one self might impair judgement. :-)

Regards

Anand

I won't blame you for that. I have seen some experienced photographers shiver with fear or tremble with excitement or just get overawed by the sheer persona of the tiger. Once I heard all my co-passengers in the jeep holding their breath and exhaling at once the moment a huge male tiger B1 passed by our jeep. There was one gentleman who has a desire of touching a tiger due to its magnificent skin. That's the power of a tiger. I am sure many years later when you reflect back, you will realise that you were blessed to have such a close sighting.

This is a big male and I had photographed it mating.

A higher shutter speed would have been better as the tiger was moving its head while licking itself.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Anand Madabhushi
13-11-2011, 08:58 AM
Partaji,

Just returned from a quick and impulsive trip to Tadoba. No luck in tiger sighting but worth the time in trying out my new 100-400 IS L lens. Could sight wild dogs and a few birds. Will post the birds for your critique.

Regards

Anand

I won't blame you for that. I have seen some experienced photographers shiver with fear or tremble with excitement or just get overawed by the sheer persona of the tiger. Once I heard all my co-passengers in the jeep holding their breath and exhaling at once the moment a huge male tiger B1 passed by our jeep. There was one gentleman who has a desire of touching a tiger due to its magnificent skin. That's the power of a tiger. I am sure many years later when you reflect back, you will realise that you were blessed to have such a close sighting.

This is a big male and I had photographed it mating.

A higher shutter speed would have been better as the tiger was moving its head while licking itself.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi