PDA

View Full Version : leopard in tadoba and andhari

Chakrapani Rallapalli
13-11-2011, 05:15 PM
this was shot near tadoba lake in morning safari on nov 7th.it was sitting on the road ,on seeing us it went in to the bushes.with naked eye it was much darker in side bushes.
nikon d300 200-200 vr 2, f 4,1/40 iso 640 exp -0.3 focal lenth 400,35mm focal lenth 600 subject distance 70.8 m little bit editing &cropping in light room 3 dr.chakrapani

Mrudul Godbole
13-11-2011, 07:56 PM
Lovely sighting. Nice stare. The foreground is quite crowded. Wish you had got the eyes in clear. The vertical stick divides the image into two, you could have tried to move behind if possible and tried for a vertical composition instead of a horizontal. This is all after thought, but something which you can try next time. How long was the sighting? Thanks for sharing.

Saktipada Panigrahi
13-11-2011, 07:58 PM
The Photograph,in my view,looks natural.Good eye contact.It appears that an artificial barrier created between the road and the bush has deprived you a better image.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Sabyasachi Patra
13-11-2011, 09:35 PM
It is always a nice experience sighting a leopard. Is this in someone's farm? Wisht the bamboo fence were not there. The eye contact is nice. I think the critical focus was not on the eyes, probably because the subject was far off and the AF point occupied a large space and hence didn't lock on exactly on the eyes. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Chakrapani Rallapalli
13-11-2011, 11:32 PM
sighting lasted for few minutes,after seeing us it went further inside the forest.

Atul Dhamankar
14-11-2011, 10:39 AM
Very Nice image. I still remember that moment when we first saw this Leopard female crouching towards chitals who was grazing on the bank of Tadoba lake.
Atul