PDA

View Full Version : Pond Heron in lily pond

Deepak Ramani
14-11-2011, 10:37 AM
Exif: 1/1250s, f5.6, ISO 200
Eq used: canon 400d, 300mm f4 + 1.4x tc

I have images without the OOF Lily in the FG. But personally felt this adds to the image. Please give your feedback. Thanks

Bibhav Behera
14-11-2011, 12:17 PM
The low angle works well here. I like the lily bud in front of the bird as it gives a balancing point to the image. I'm not too sure about the out of focus lily though. I feel it is bright compared to the rest of the image and draws attention away from the otherwise tack sharp eyes of the bird. A slight clockwise rotation of the image is in the offing in my opinion.

The background is smooth and the details are nice. Thanks for sharing.

Mrudul Godbole
14-11-2011, 06:16 PM
Lovely pose and eye contact. The low angle adds to the composition. I am fine with the out of focus lily as in IndiaWilds we don't recommend cloning, if possible avoiding it in the field would have been good. Good details and sharpness. The clean background enhances the image further. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
14-11-2011, 09:35 PM
I agree that cloning doesn't have a place in nature photography. It would have been better if the bud was more to the left. I like with the low angle. Where was this clicked? Slight clockwise rotation would be good.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi
PS: "In the offing" means it is likely to happen soon. So inapropriate usage of the phrase.

Deepak Ramani
14-11-2011, 10:34 PM
Thanks all. This was taken at Hebbal lake in Bangalore.

Saktipada Panigrahi
14-11-2011, 10:47 PM
Nice pose,eyes focussed on prey,good details,natural colour.Out of focus lily in full bloom causing some distraction but cloning has no place.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Atul Sinai
14-11-2011, 10:47 PM
Nice and sharp. Composition looks good. Loved the low angle.
Could have waited for the bird to move forward in order to avoid out of focus lily.
Thanks for sharing

Regards,
Atul