PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Bengaluru

Prasanna Joshi
16-11-2011, 07:53 PM
Hello all,

I am a newbie in photography and am really interested in learning more about nature & wildlife (not just from the photography perspective).
I am originally from Pune, Maharashtra, but currently living in Bangalore, working as a mechanical engineer in an automobile company.

Any tips to help me take my newfound hobby to the next level one step at a time will be highly appreciated.

Apart from critique on the pictures i post, i would also be interested in hearing about any wildlife/birding trips, treks, etc. that I can accompany enthusiasts on or related workshops (not just photography) that i can attend in and around Bangalore.

'hope to start posting soon... there's so much to learn and so little time.

Thanks.

-prasanna joshi
Canon EOS 550D (T2i), Canon 50 1.8 II, Tamron 18-270 PZD

Mrudul Godbole
16-11-2011, 09:21 PM
Hi Prasanna,

Welcome to IndiaWilds..!!

Its good to know you would like to know more about Natural History along with Photography. Do check the Natural History section and also the Conservation section. Look forward to see your images and share your views.

Sabyasachi Patra
17-11-2011, 09:25 PM
Prasanna,
I am very happy that you want to take one step at a time. Most of the times I find people thinking they will get the moon in day one. That leads to disappointments. Wildlife photography is a lifelong learning as you not only learn about photography, you also need to know about animal behaviour. One has to be a naturalist first rate naturalist to become a first rate wildlife photographer.

Unfortunately because of my time constraints I am not able to conduct meets and workshops. I strongly suggest that you go through the photography tips section to start with and ask questions whereever you are in doubt.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi