PDA

View Full Version : How can we get the best price of Canon lens..

Krishnadas N Mallya
20-11-2011, 11:44 AM
Hi all,

Having bought a my first DSLR, the first thing I learnt is that I should get a zoom lens, sooner the better.

Having a very low budget and a Canon 100-400L in my mind I was wondering what is the cheaper and safer way of getting that lens. Local seller say its worth 1 Lakh(obviously thats a lot for my pocket size). If I check the price for the same in US online market it costs around 80K which is a significant difference for which we will have to let go the Warranty.

Have anyone found a better way to get this lens? I do not find second hand as an option as it is tough to find a good one and is often tricky and you need to test it well before buying(in my case I'm a newbie and it would be hard to find the flaws in the lens).

Thanks,
Krishnadas N Mallya

Sabyasachi Patra
22-11-2011, 05:53 PM
The price is fluctuating because of the rupee appreciation. So you need to see when to get it and where to get it based on your convenience.

Krishnadas N Mallya
22-11-2011, 06:07 PM
I Understand about the rupee issue.

But if I go for the lens from US, I'll lose the 2 year warranty(as I do not travel to that part). So is the Canon lens reliable enough to say we will not need any warranty for those, its better to save the cash?

Another issue is that If I'm not able to find any person travelling from US to India wouldn't I have to pay the Customs duty, which will then take off the advantage of saving cash?

Sabyasachi - I have read in your post that you were able to get your friends good prices for the lens, will you be able to do that for me too :)

The local shop said it will roughly be 1Lakh, whats the price you will be getting these lens?(I'll not be able to buy any soon though)

Thanks
Krishnadas N Mallya