PDA

View Full Version : Wild Ass - LRK

Supreet Sahoo
20-11-2011, 11:19 PM
A lone wild ass wanders on the dry plains of Kutch. Shot early in the evening with unchanged white balance for effect.
Exif;
Canon EOS 7D + 300 f4 + 1.4x tc
1/250
EV - 0
ISO 400

Saktipada Panigrahi
20-11-2011, 11:52 PM
Melancholy depicting status of wildlife in general in our motherland.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Mrudul Godbole
21-11-2011, 10:30 AM
Nice environment photograph. I liked the composition. This is one of the reasons I want to go to LRK, maybe next year :(. How long was your trip? Thanks for sharing.

Supreet Sahoo
21-11-2011, 12:46 PM
Nice environment photograph. I liked the composition. This is one of the reasons I want to go to LRK, maybe next year :(. How long was your trip? Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Mrudul. You will often come across these endangered mammals in the kutch region. I was there for 3 days but from what i learnt i was there a little early :sad: December to Feb is a good time to see the birds as well.

Bhargava Srivari
21-11-2011, 05:56 PM
Good to see images from LRK. This place is surely on my wish list :)

tfs

Sabyasachi Patra
23-11-2011, 02:03 PM
Supreet,
Nice one. How many did you sight? Any big herds?

I would prefer less contrast. There is a tendency among photographers to increase the contrast. Too often high contrast mars the soft light situations. This trend is so serious that Mark Cawardine who chairs the BBC Wildlife Photographer of the Year contests had talked about it.

Did you get to see any fox?

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Anand Madabhushi
24-11-2011, 05:06 AM
Agree with Mrudul and Patraji. A write up about the region including how to reach and where to stay will be guidance for members.

Supreet Sahoo
24-11-2011, 02:27 PM
Supreet,
Nice one. How many did you sight? Any big herds?

I would prefer less contrast. There is a tendency among photographers to increase the contrast. Too often high contrast mars the soft light situations. This trend is so serious that Mark Cawardine who chairs the BBC Wildlife Photographer of the Year contests had talked about it.

Did you get to see any fox?

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Sabyasachi sir- we came across herds as big as 15 to as small as a single ass. Also ill try to make something with less contrast. Agree with you on the contrast part though.

Anand - Ill try writing something this weekend, weekdays are really tight. But if its urgent one can always reach me on my phone and i will be able to furnish the details.