PDA

View Full Version : B2 is dead

Anand Madabhushi
22-11-2011, 08:01 AM
Patraji

It is very saddening to note that B2 is no more......may be due to combination of old age, starvation and possible overdose of tranquilizer. Though I had the good fortune of sighting him. due to overenthusiastic drivers/guides and tourists a vehicle touched him on his hind legs and he withdrew in to the bushes.

I was looking forward to seeing him in my next visit in December.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5iktfO4y6s this link would show how the drivers, guides and tourists behave.

Would appreciate a new thread of his images by you and other members who had the good fortune of photographing him..... as an Ode to B2.

Regards

Anand

Mrudul Godbole
22-11-2011, 10:00 AM
This is really a very sad news. I started my photography in Bandhavgarh photographing him. Feel bad to hear that he was hit by the Gypsy at this stage. This only shows how insensitive we have become towards animals in pleasing the tourists and photographers. Why was he tranquilized?

I am posting the first image I took of him in Bandhavgarh.

Praveen Siddannavar
22-11-2011, 02:10 PM
Mrudul B2 died because of injuries and fight with his own son, there was no accident by Gypsy.

Mrudul Godbole
22-11-2011, 02:31 PM
Mrudul B2 died because of injuries and fight with his own son, there was no accident by Gypsy.

Praveen, I was referring to the incident where Anandaji said once B2 was touched (sorry I said hit) by a gypsy. I was saying that drivers drive recklessly to get closer to tigers to please the tourists and in the process the animals suffer. Sorry I used hit, it gave a different meaning.

Sabyasachi Patra
22-11-2011, 07:14 PM
Patraji

It is very saddening to note that B2 is no more... Though I had the good fortune of sighting him. due to overenthusiastic drivers/guides and tourists a vehicle touched him on his hind legs and he withdrew in to the bushes.

Regard

Anand

Even if a gypsy would have touched him, no one will talk about it. In the past, a tiger cub was mowed down by a gypsy and the tourists guides, drivers etc covered up by saying that such a thing never happened. Photographers too came forward and said that the vehicle never hit the cub. One cannot expect truth to come out, if at all B2 died of injuries. B2 was old and had his days under the sun. I feel a bit sad that I wont see him again. However, there are lot of important challenges ahead of Bandhavgarh as a tiger reserve.

Sabyasachi

Bhargava Srivari
23-11-2011, 08:54 AM
I'm quoting a friend here: "Dear all,

Just spoke to a Govt official in Tala zone and he has confirmed that the Tiger which passed away day before which was believed to be B2, is not B2. This happens to be a young male Tiger about 6 years old which moved outside the park to an area called ‘Shahtol’, eastern side of Bandhavgarh. There it got into a conflict with a territorial male and got badly injured. I haven’t read the article in TOI but I’m told it states due to overdose of anesthesia.

Although it is still painful to know a young Tiger gave away, on the other hand it’s overwhelming to hear that our Dearest King, B2 is out there, alive!

Hope and pray all is well with the Legend & the heart-throb of Bandhavgarh! Hope someone who is currently in the park gets to see B2 to prove this theory. And it would be great if they could also confirm on this thread.

Long Live the King!!! Lets come together to pray for his well being and so for the park. "

Another friend says,

"I too got confirmed news from some very reliable source that the tiger that was brought to Tala and died was not B2 but some other male. Now the question arises that why the dept. is trying to claim that it was B2 (B2 is so well known that no one can confuse him with another tiger) and why did they announced the news only after cremation of the body ?? Something is not right .. Where is B2 ? Is he alive or fallen victim of poachers ? Is this any cover up ?" Too Many Questions!!