15-10-2011 7:38 am @ Bandipur National Park
Aperture priority
Tv 1/640
Av 9
Evaluative metering
EC +1/3
ISO 1600
Fl 400mm

Please pass on your comments and critiques.

Saktipada Panigrahi
25-11-2011, 08:05 AM
Nice image from close quarter.Nice walking pose(little hurried),natural colour and habitat well documented.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Mrudul Godbole
25-11-2011, 07:07 PM
The raised hoof adds to the image. Nice light. Its good you got the eye lighted. Is this full frame? The rear leg is quite close to the left frame, I would have liked a bit more space on the left. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
25-11-2011, 07:20 PM
It is moving away from you. Slight head turn towards you would have been better. The light is nice. How much of crop is this? Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Prashant Jois
25-11-2011, 10:52 PM
Sabyasachiji,

This is almost a full frame, I would say 15% crop was taken out from top and right of the frame.

Mrudul,

These days it is a big mess out there in Bandipur. Photographers are packed just like common tourists in a jeep. We were 9 folks in a jeep excluding the driver out of which 6 were at the back (4 of us had DSLRs). It becomes very difficult to steady yourself while shooting. Actually, I was disappointed they way Safari's are being organized these days!

Bhargava Srivari
26-11-2011, 07:42 AM
Agree with Mrudul.

Prashant,

I am in complete agreement with you in regard to safaris at bandipur. It gets tough to shoot when there are so many ppl in the vehicle and the wrost part is if tehre are first timers, they just keep moving so much that several 'good' images could get spoilt! I like how thay operate in Kabini better!

Cheers

Praveen Siddannavar
26-11-2011, 07:07 PM
Prashant zooming out would have been a better perspective, even i did the same mistake. Effective 1st Oct'11 safaris for all resorts are only organized by JLR hence currently there is bit of a problem I am sure it will be much more disciplined soon.
tfs