PDA

View Full Version : Bamera 10

Anand Madabhushi
25-11-2011, 08:33 PM
He is huge....................

1/320; f7.1; ISO 320; 70-300 @ 70mm;

Bhargava Srivari
26-11-2011, 07:45 AM
Looks like you got to spend a lot of time with the handsome male :) Nice to see the tiger appear comfortable even with some vehicles around. Here, I wish you had cropped a li'l more to avoid the hint of hind leg. Including it in partial like here, takes the eyes there only to find that the inclusion is incomplete.

Cheers

Anand Madabhushi
26-11-2011, 09:17 AM
Bhargavaji,

I like the tag line of this wonderful web site: Land of the Tiger.

I am thrilled that you have noticed the comfort of Bamera amidst the humans.
That was the emphasis in this image. I did not think of the quality of my presentation. Will do in future.

15th January 2011 will be a memorable day in my life. I spent an hour in the morning trip watching Bamera rest in a sand bed..................rolling from side to side. He was so content.......... peering once in a while to see what was happening around him.

And I was fortunate enough to meet him again in the afternoon at the same place and quietly follow him for the next three and half hours..............across his territory.

We, the humans, call them wild life. They, day in and day out, trust the humans and let us, the strangers, enter their territory. Quite a few of the visitors disrespect the animals' territory and disturb their peace while the incidence of the animals misbehaving with the visitors is rare. I call them MILD LIFE. :-)

Now that B2 is gone, Bamera will be the next legend of Bandhavgarh. God willing, I will track him and his glory.

Thank you so much for viewing these images and offering your inputs.

Best regards

Anand

Looks like you got to spend a lot of time with the handsome male :) Nice to see the tiger appear comfortable even with some vehicles around. Here, I wish you had cropped a li'l more to avoid the hint of hind leg. Including it in partial like here, takes the eyes there only to find that the inclusion is incomplete.

Cheers

Mrudul Godbole
26-11-2011, 02:48 PM
Bamera Male surely is huge. I always wanted to photograph him, but till now I have not been so lucky :(. I agree with Bhargava about the hind paw. The stride and the eye contact is nice. You surely are lucky to sight him for hours. I remember photographing the Jhurjhura female for 3 hours in the morning and 3 hours in the afternoon, by the water. That was a memorable experience. Where was this sighting? In Magadi zone? Thanks for sharing.

Anand Madabhushi
26-11-2011, 04:05 PM
Thanks Mrudul,

I am glad you noticed the stride and the eye contact. My image speaks about the subject.

Anand

Bamera Male surely is huge. I always wanted to photograph him, but till now I have not been so lucky :(. I agree with Bhargava about the hind paw. The stride and the eye contact is nice. You surely are lucky to sight him for hours. I remember photographing the Jhurjhura female for 3 hours in the morning and 3 hours in the afternoon, by the water. That was a memorable experience. Where was this sighting? In Magadi zone? Thanks for sharing.

Saktipada Panigrahi
26-11-2011, 07:08 PM
I am shocked about the tone and content of usage of the wordings like 'tag line' and 'animals misbehaving with the visitors'.
I am afraid All are not well in Bandhvgarh Tiger Reserve.
Bandhavgarh possibly needs a 'CHARGER' to discipline the crowd.Animals never harm a naturalist because he knows the Code of conduct when he is inside the jungle.And yet,accident may happen for that the animal is not responsible.We are intruders in their territory.

"I wonder sometimes what these animals and birds think of man and how they would describe him if they had the capacity to do so.I rather doubt if their description would be complimentary to man.In spite of our culture and civilisation,in many ways man continues to be not only wild but more dangerous than any of the so-called animals".-Jawaharlal Nehru

( Excerpts from Foreword in the book :The Wild Life of India-E.P.Gee)
SaktiWild

Praveen Siddannavar
26-11-2011, 07:12 PM
Lovely image of this huge male, I am agreement with comments made.
tfs

Sabyasachi Patra
26-11-2011, 08:01 PM
Shaktipadaji,
There appears to be some confusion and everybody seem to be making the same point. However, I looked at the responses and talked with Anand Madabhushi as well. By Tag Line he means "Land of the Tiger" the slogan of IndiaWilds. You can check the home page for the logo of IndiaWilds and the tagline "The Land of the Tiger" written below it.

He is referring to the incidences of tourists creating noisy scenes infront of the tiger and is trying to emphasise that it is we the people who misbehave with animals.

Charger was one tiger who used to charge at tourist jeeps and even the forest department elephants. Even the Rajbehera male who was nicknamed bokha due to its broken tooth used to charge at tourist vehicles. I had one such experience. These days none of the tigers have that characteristic and hence the tourist jeeps think they are some kind of cattle. So I do agree that a Charger kind of tiger is required. However, knowing the proclivity of the forest department in capturing tigers and sending them to the Bhopal zoo, a Charger like tiger may have a limited life in bandhavgarh.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Bhargavaji,

I like the tag line of this wonderful web site: Land of the Tiger.

We, the humans, call them wild life. They, day in and day out, trust the humans and let us, the strangers, enter their territory. Quite a few of the visitors disrespect the animals' territory and disturb their peace while the incidence of the animals misbehaving with the visitors is rare. I call them MILD LIFE. :-)

Best regards

Anand

I am shocked about the tone and content of usage of the wordings like 'tag line' and 'animals misbehaving with the visitors'.
Bandhavgarh possibly needs a 'CHARGER' to discipline the crowd.Animals never harm a naturalist because he knows the Code of conduct when he is inside the jungle.And yet,accident may happen for that the animal is not responsible.We are intruders in their territory.

"I wonder sometimes what these animals and birds think of man and how they would describe him if they had the capacity to do so.I rather doubt if their description would be complimentary to man.In spite of our culture and civilisation,in many ways man continues to be not only wild but more dangerous than any of the so-called animals".-Jawaharlal Nehru

SaktiWild

Anand Madabhushi
26-11-2011, 08:01 PM
Dear Mr Panigrahi,

I had a long chat with Mr Patra this morning and mentioned that I like Land of the Tigers.

I spoke to him in the evening after I read these comments:

First:

Tag line is a catchy phrase used for identity with the objectives.

Land of the Tigers goes so well with Inidiawilds.

Second:

Mr Bhargava commented on the comfort zone of Bamera amidst the humans. I agreed with him and meant to say that these animals trust the humans so much that they let us into their territory with out any hesitation.

Third:

The behavior of most of the drivers/guides/tourists leaves much to be desired. Tadoba is the worst place. I found Pench and Bandhavgarh are better............tourists should respect the territory of the tigers and other animals and behave like good guests.

Anand

SaktiWild

Anand Madabhushi
26-11-2011, 08:04 PM
Thank you, Patraji. Good I spoke to you this morning and also in the evening.

Regards

Anand

Shaktipadaji,
There appears to be some confusion and everybody seem to be making the same point. However, I looked at the responses and talked with Anand Madabhushi as well. By Tag Line he means "Land of the Tiger" the slogan of IndiaWilds.

He is referring to the incidences of tourists creating noisy scenes infront of the tiger and is trying to emphasise that it is we the people who misbehave with animals.

Charger was one tiger who used to charge at tourist jeeps and even the forest department elephants. Even the Rajbehera male who was nicknamed bokha due to its broken tooth used to charge at tourist vehicles. I had one such experience. These days none of the tigers have that characteristic and hence the tourist jeeps think they are some kind of cattle. So I do agree that a Charger kind of tiger is required. However, knowing the proclivity of the forest department in capturing tigers and sending them to the Bhopal zoo, a Charger like tiger may have a limited life in bandhavgarh.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Saktipada Panigrahi
27-11-2011, 01:04 PM
Many thanks.I am grateful to Shri Sabyasachi and Anand Bhai for clearing my doubts.SaktiWild