PDA

View Full Version : Ruddy Turnstone

Roopak Gangadharan
25-11-2011, 09:39 PM
Shot in Sep when the migrants start coming in, incessant rains had ruined my plans for beach birding for 3 weekends. On an impulse I took of to Muypilangad a quiet beach near Thalassery. It was raining all along and I was settling for another disappointment. I was in for a surprise. The rain stopped when I reached the beach and started again in about an hour to continue for the rest of the day. This is one of the 13 waders species I got to see that day in that 1 hour.

Arenaria Interpres this is an Adult male moulting into Non breeding plumage

500D, 55-250, 250mm, f5.6, ISO 400, SS 1/320, Cropped image. dull and cloudy conditions.
C&C welcome…
Regards
Roopak

Saktipada Panigrahi
25-11-2011, 10:12 PM
Nice image documented during trasitional phase.It is noteworthy that you have explained the direction of transition.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Mrudul Godbole
26-11-2011, 03:01 PM
Nice composition. The low angle adds to the image. Wish it was slightly turned towards you. 13 different species in one hour is a nice record :). Look forward to see the others. Thanks for sharing.

Praveen Siddannavar
26-11-2011, 03:59 PM
Lovely image Roopak, the colors have come out well
tfs

Sabyasachi Patra
26-11-2011, 09:37 PM
That's a nice story. Whether sunshine or hail, One should keep on trying. Also during inclement weather, there are chances of dramatic lighting. Good to see this species. Slight head turn towards you would have been even better. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi