PDA

View Full Version : Gaur Habitat

Anton Dsilva
29-11-2011, 11:39 PM
Fujifilm x100: 23mm prime lens
1/250; f2.8 iso200
Cropped to move gaur from center to left bottom.

Saktipada Panigrahi
30-11-2011, 12:29 AM
The gaur has majestic horns. Poor light situation.Nice habitat.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

P.S.:In Corbett you may face fog till 9 A.M on some days during your proposed visit during Dec.2011.

Anton Dsilva
30-11-2011, 01:48 AM
Thank you Saktipada for you feedback. Info on fog in corbett is interesting. Since I have only a non-interchageable 23mm prime lens camera, I'm focussing only on landscape / habitat pictures as of now. I'd be really lucky (or unlucky :) ) if a tiger come within 10 meters. Otherwise fog might add some interesting touch to habitat pictures.

Sabyasachi Patra
30-11-2011, 09:14 AM
Anton,
Good to see a habitat shot. One needs to look at small details to improve further.

Some more space at the bottom would have been better so that the bottom part of the tree on the right would have appeared. Also the gaur is very close to the frame edge. So more space below will be better.

On the left frame edge, you can see the bamboo entering into the frame. Some more space on left would have given the continuity ie. the complete bamboo appearing behind the tree. Brightness can be increased slightly. It would have been great if there was early morning sunlight as opposed to cloud cover.

You can get some very nice landscapes in corbett. Since your lens is 23mm, better to focus on landscapes with animals where ever possible.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Anton Dsilva
30-11-2011, 11:46 AM
Thank you Sabyasachi for the feedback. I have tried to incorporate the suggestions in this picture.

I guess the real objective is to compose the original frame itself this way without having to crop as much as I have had to.

Also let me know your opinion on the DOF question that I raised in your gaur-bandipur thread.

Mrudul Godbole
30-11-2011, 12:49 PM
The repost looks good. Nice display of habitat. This gives a good idea about the overall environment. I agree good light makes landscapes and environment compositions more interesting. Do try to take images in the early morning or late evenings when the light is soft. Thanks for sharing.