PDA

View Full Version : Peacock

Anton Dsilva
02-12-2011, 11:48 PM
Fuji X100; aps-c; f5.6; 1/500; iso 2500

This could have been a good picture. However I was careless enough not to change the ISO settings from previous night. Lesson learnt.

Saktipada Panigrahi
03-12-2011, 11:52 AM
Nice pose with habitat.The Indian Peafowl has,as I see it,already shed most of its wonderful upper tail-covert with eye spots(Oct-Nov in north India before the winter sets in, I do not know the period for south).

When I was staying in New Delhi I used to collect them at IARI campus at 4.30-5 a.m lying beneath some tall jamun trees on which it settled for the night.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Mrudul Godbole
03-12-2011, 03:38 PM
Nice display of the habitat. The composition is fine. Wish the bird on the left was not in the frame. We do mess up with the settings, so it is always good to check the settings while entering the jungle. Thanks for sharing.

Bhargava Srivari
03-12-2011, 05:13 PM
Nice frame. I too would have preferred to see this without the other peafowl in the image. It is always good to re-adjust settings before entering a forest. In fact, I make it a point to keep adjusting the ISO every now and then depending on the light even if there is nothing to be shooting as such.

tfs

Sabyasachi Patra
04-12-2011, 05:08 PM
Normally my camera is set at the lowest ISO according to the light and type of shooting I have in mind. With a bit of practice you can change the settings in the blink of an eye. Fiddling with the camera settings every now will distract you from enjoying the nature.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Anton Dsilva
04-12-2011, 06:57 PM
Normally my camera is set at the lowest ISO according to the light and type of shooting I have in mind. With a bit of practice you can change the settings in the blink of an eye. Fiddling with the camera settings every now will distract you from enjoying the nature.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Interesting point Sabyasachi. In this situation where the subeject is relatively still, I assume a typical SLR camera would alllow a shutter speed of 1/125 to be able to hold the camera in hand and shoot without tripod (Correct me if I'm wrong, mine though an slr allows me to go down to almost 1/30 becuase of the smalle body and non-interchangeable lens). So lets say you desire an aperture of 5.6 or even smaller for a certain dof. However that means you may have to choose iso 800. So would you continue to shoot at iso 800 or choose a wider aperture and go to say iso 200 even though you may not get the desired dof. What would you give preferance to when it comes to DOF vs Clarity.