PDA

View Full Version : Please Suggest a monopod

Krishnadas N Mallya
05-12-2011, 05:05 PM
Hi all,

I'm looking for a Monopod and wan't to buy a good one straight away that can hold the lens that I may buy later on.

One thing I have noticed is that the monopod in the local store do not have a head, ie. it cannot be tilted up/down. Do anyone know about a good model that comes around 1K or a little higher which gives us option to tilt the camera loaded on top in vertical direction. Please add your suggestions.

Thanks
Krishnadas N Mallya.

Sabyasachi Patra
09-02-2012, 12:03 PM
Did you buy a monopod?

Manfrotto and Gitzo make good monopods. If you want to tilt it then you need to use a head on it. The total cost is likely to go 8-10 times more than the 1k you have budgeted.

Krishnadas N Mallya
09-02-2012, 03:10 PM
That will be a problem. So as I read over the internet I would have to settle with a monopod for about 3K at least and will have to wait for the head further as buying an intermediatory one would kill my budget in the long term.

Sabyasachi Sir, I was planning for 100-400 lens and was looking for a monopod for the same. Due to some economic liabilities that arose recently I had to postpone the lens buying plan, hence stopped looking for the monopod as well. If you have any suggestions for generating income through my occasional photography, please let me know.

Thanks & Regards
Krishnadas N Mallya