Camera: Canon Powershot S3 IS
Place: Randarda Lake, Rajkot
Date: March, 2007
Exif: F5.6, 1/400s

Rahul Parekh
28-04-2009, 03:20 PM
Dear Mrudul & Sabyasachi,

Hurray!!! My Upload problem solved :)

Thank you so much for your great & pleasing help for 3 days...You are very kind & supportive :)

Rahul

Mrudul Godbole
28-04-2009, 03:54 PM
Hi Rahul,

Good to hear that, you could upload the file without any problem :).

Nice composition. I would have loved some more close up. The patterns in the water are interesting.If possible you could have tried for a lower angle.

Keep posting...

Rahul Parekh
28-04-2009, 04:21 PM
Hi Rahul,

Good to hear that, you could upload the file without any problem :).

Nice composition. I would have loved some more close up. The patterns in the water are interesting.If possible you could have tried for a lower angle.

Keep posting...

Hi Mrudul,

Yes, i do feel that lower angle would have created some lovely perspective. Nearby acacia tree & flow of stream has given some different feel to the water.

Mrudul this is very heavy crop, and if i'm doing more cropping. I'm afraid everyone will yell at me and i'll become yellow :D

Mrudul Godbole
28-04-2009, 06:36 PM
Hi Rahul,

I understand, so to avoid cropping, more zoom is required, or you try to crawl as further as possible to the bird to get a good close up photograph. I too struggle sometimes with my 100-400mm lens :( ,but the crawling technique has helped lot of times :).

Sabyasachi Patra
28-04-2009, 08:27 PM
Rahul,
Either you can crawl or you set up a hide. If you are able to get the subjects come close to you and you can photograph in a wide angle, then the image would be great. I remember seeing the work of an African ranger who had only a wide angle lens. He used all his knowledge of animal behaviour to move closer to elephants and rhinos and created some superb images with his wide angle.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Rahul Parekh
28-04-2009, 09:30 PM
Hi Rahul,

I understand, so to avoid cropping, more zoom is required, or you try to crawl as further as possible to the bird to get a good close up photograph. I too struggle sometimes with my 100-400mm lens :( ,but the crawling technique has helped lot of times :).

Hi Mrudul,

Generally i too don't like to crop the image to show close-up. I find my tiny zoom camera is inadequate for bird photography, but i love it. I've never done crawling before to reach near the birds. I always try to keep safe distance to birds and try to feel satisfied with the opportunity and say 'better luck next time...' :).

But crawling is sound interesting. I would like to try it once though. I'll remember you when i'll do that. You are very bold & brave too :).

Thank you so much for your lovely trick...

Rahul Parekh
28-04-2009, 09:41 PM
Rahul,
Either you can crawl or you set up a hide. If you are able to get the subjects come close to you and you can photograph in a wide angle, then the image would be great. I remember seeing the work of an African ranger who had only a wide angle lens. He used all his knowledge of animal behaviour to move closer to elephants and rhinos and created some superb images with his wide angle.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Hi Sabyasachi,

I'm using hide sometimes, and it gives good opportunities. I'll post some images taken with hide :).

I loved both the tricks. Crawling is more exploratory & bold idea while Hide is more safe & secure idea to keep birds relaxed... :)

Thank you so much for your kind tips...

Sabyasachi Patra
28-04-2009, 09:50 PM
Rahul,
Crawling will give you an added benefit of eye level perspective. Check this link. I had created this image lying flat on my belly.

http://www.indiawilds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191

AB Apana
29-04-2009, 07:57 AM
Hi Rahul,

Agree with Mrudul about the patterns of the water. I know that most of your images, like your paintings, include the environment.

Apana

Rahul Parekh
29-04-2009, 10:48 AM
Hi Rahul,

Agree with Mrudul about the patterns of the water. I know that most of your images, like your paintings, include the environment.

Apana

Hi Apana,

I love environment and wildlife makes it lively every time. Birds & Animals with landscape gives story telling effect and shows the life of the wild more effectively :).

Thank you so much for your kind appreciations...

Rahul