PDA

View Full Version : Sun bird

Ashok Sorout
09-12-2011, 12:31 AM
I am very happy today to know that my camera 7D and 100-400 lens are perfectly ok.

When ever I clicked pictures in and around sky colour was not always blue.

There was always a layer of fog in every image. I was confused if my lens has got problem or my focus points are not aligned or I have selected wrong settings.

I took this picture in Ramnagar (Jim corbett). Happy to see the colours, no fog no poor contrast.

Please help me understanding it further.....

Exif: 7D, 100-400 @ 400 mm, F7.1, 1/640, ISO 125, Hand held.

Delhi is no good for humans and natur...................

Bhargava Srivari
09-12-2011, 07:47 AM
Ashok,

This looks to me like a Tailor bird. It feels good to know that you now trust your equipment :) That is important to make good images. I have seen the image of painted stork with chicks that you had sent to me, and it looked perfectly fine in regards to sharpeness and accurate focussing. I think you were shooting in foggy conditions and it resulted in slight haze.

Coming to this image, assuming this is a crop, the bird was far away and in such a scene, it is always tough to get critical focus on the bird. As for the composition, I wish you had placed the object/subject slightly more off center.

thanks for sharing

Sabyasachi Patra
09-12-2011, 12:35 PM
Saturation can be reduced a bit. There are dust spots. I am sure it will get removed by the auto sensor clean feature in the camera. For distant subjects manual focusing is the way to go.

Saktipada Panigrahi
09-12-2011, 02:26 PM
The bird appears to me as Indian Reed-Warbler (Acrocephalus stentoreus).Also called as Clamarous Reed-Warbler.Good image of the bird.Background does not look natural .Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Mrudul Godbole
09-12-2011, 06:53 PM
Good you got it on a nice perch in the open. Agree about reducing the contrast. Wish it was closer. Thanks for sharing.