PDA

View Full Version : khankati cubs, Bandavgarh

GSR Reddy
09-12-2011, 01:13 PM
The second day we sigted the mother and cubs at the same place but deep in the bush. i waited for more than half hour and it paid off. the cubs came out and it was a treat to the eyes to watch them play. this is one of the picture.

Canon 5D
lens IS USM 28-300mm
SS 1/30
AV 5.6
ISO 1600
FL 220.0mm

cheers
GSR Reddy

Bhargava Srivari
09-12-2011, 02:05 PM
How adorable! Did you travel to bandhavgarh by yourself or were you a part of a group? :)

Saktipada Panigrahi
09-12-2011, 03:01 PM
Nice cute cubs.Good that you have seen and photographed them.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

P.S: I am seriously concerned.I have seen some Field Directors who would close the road temporarily ,even riding elephants were not allowed to take tourists to show such small cubs.
What has happened at Dhikala in Corbett and possibly at Kaziranga only recently? SaktiWild

GSR Reddy
09-12-2011, 05:23 PM
i went with my friends from bangalore on our own.

Mrudul Godbole
09-12-2011, 06:49 PM
They are really very cute. Quite lucky to sight them so young. The light was really bad else it would have been awesome to get some photographs in good light. Thanks for sharing.

Praveen Siddannavar
09-12-2011, 08:40 PM
Wow! its a treat to watch such tiny cubs, Lucky you
tfs

Sabyasachi Patra
10-12-2011, 12:56 PM
Great sighting. Cute cubs. There is no consistency in policy. Once in bandhavgarh an elephant mahout discovered tiny cubs in the grassland. And as news spread, the field director stopped people. Then there was a news story in the local papers that the cubs were dead, so the field director had to allow elephants to move close so that people can get sightings etc to prove that all is well with the cubs.

A bit brighter would be better.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi