PDA

View Full Version : The Oriental White eye

Prajwal J Ullal
12-12-2011, 07:49 PM
Finally after several missed opportunities(due to inaccessibility of equipment) I successfully captured the "Mighty" Oriental White eye in Pune near Bhosari

Canon EOS 550D
55-250 IS
F - 5.6
Shutter speed - 1/200
ISO 400
Metering mode - Pattern
Aperture Priority
Exposure Compensation -.3 step
Hand held

Mrudul Godbole
12-12-2011, 08:12 PM
Nice sighting. A slight head turn towards you would have enhanced the eye contact further. Did you do any special processing for the background? Thanks for sharing.

Prajwal J Ullal
12-12-2011, 08:18 PM
No editing except for slight crop and adding the signature and external frame. Had attempted few more shots but the bird didnt turn towards me, so this was one of the best of the clicks

Saktipada Panigrahi
13-12-2011, 12:24 PM
Nice that you have been able to photograph this tiny bird with prominent white eye ring with the lens at your command.It never stays still for long at one place.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Prajwal J Ullal
13-12-2011, 12:35 PM
Thanks a lot Saktiji for critiquing as well as sharing few knowledge about the bird, but how did you determine its a male, i mean what features showcase/ distinguish it?

Saktipada Panigrahi
13-12-2011, 01:17 PM
Prajwal Bhai,
Good that you have raised this question.Its call is a quiet repetitive metallic sound.But the Male delivers a pleasant song,rising gradually in volume before fading, during breeding season. Not far off from my house it is common in the Sundarbans area.
Kind regards,
SaktiWild