PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Cub - Roll Over/Bandipur

Praveen Siddannavar
13-12-2011, 08:48 AM
This is Gowri's cub (female) from the tiger weekend series, it was a treat to watch the cub roll over, yawn, take a short nap. I was fortunate to witness various behavior and capture them too

Camera - Canon EOS 1D Mark IV, 500mm + 1.4x TC
Av 5.6
Tv 1/400
ISO 640
EC - 0.3 step
Focal length 700mm
Used jeep seat as support
Date and Time : 3rd Dec'11 @ 4:11pm

V S Sankar
13-12-2011, 09:16 AM
Tigers of Bandipur always seems to fall prey to you Praveen!It would have been a wonderful experience to see the frolicking of this young animal.Nice capture.

Regards

Saktipada Panigrahi
13-12-2011, 10:13 AM
Nice behavior with habitat captured.It also possibly confirms my view that tigers are receiving better protection in the South.
Now I have no other option but to agree with Sankar bhai that tigers( tigresses, in particular) of Bandipur have fallen in love with Praveen bhai!Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Mrudul Godbole
13-12-2011, 10:48 AM
Seems she was quite relaxed. Wish the face was more visible. Nicely captured. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
13-12-2011, 05:29 PM
There have been recent poaching incidents around bandipur as well. And there is the issue of people getting into the forest in search of fuel wood collection. A township is slowly growing on the outskirts of bandipur. Life is tough for these tigers.

Anand Madabhushi
08-01-2012, 07:33 AM
Very good. I have a few hundred images of Bamera, a male tiger of Bandhavgarh, having a nap. Watched him for over an hour. These photographs will speak volumes of the thrilling experience.