PDA

View Full Version : Painted Stork

Atul Sinai
13-12-2011, 11:49 AM
Hi,

Shot this in Pune.

I loved the look in the eyes. While cleaning its feathers its still trying to look on the other side to be aware of whats happening there.

Please critique

Canon 600D. 400mm f5.6
Manual Exposure
Manual Focus
Manual metering
Shutter Speed 1/640
Aperture 6.3
ISO 200
Focal Length 400mm
Cropped by 41%
Tripod support

Regards,
Atul

Atul Sinai
13-12-2011, 11:52 AM
Here is the close-up

Mrudul Godbole
13-12-2011, 01:14 PM
Nice behavior observed. It shows how alert they are all the time. In the closeup the whites seem a slightly over exposed. Giving a -ve EC would have been good. I think you should find out a way to go to the other side as all the birds seem to be there :). Thanks for sharing.

Abhishek Jamalabad
13-12-2011, 03:32 PM
Nice behavioural shot. The eye does look interesting. The light seems a little harsh here.
TFS.

Atul Sinai
13-12-2011, 04:47 PM
Thanks Mrudul and Abhishek !

Mrudul, I can go to the other side. Have gone there on couple of occasions, but you cannot get these birds clear and you are shooting against the light. There is a series of thick trees hanging over the river and these birds sit on the outer perches.

Ideally I would prefer to have a boat:).

Regards,
Atul

Sabyasachi Patra
15-12-2011, 08:44 PM
I think you should get a boat/ inflatable. Be safe. Take care so that your equipment doesn't take a dip in the waters. How is the pollution level now?

Sabyasachi

Atul Sinai
16-12-2011, 07:15 PM
Sabyasachi, not much improvement with the pollution. It just slowly keeps building on. However some areas are cleaner then the other. Unfortunately human settlement is growing along the coast and and is definitely not helping the cause.