PDA

View Full Version : Long Tailed Shrike - FF

Supreet Sahoo
14-12-2011, 09:35 PM
This bird allowed me to come as close as 5 feet to click it full frame.

Canon EOS 7D
Tv 1/640
Av 8.0
Exposure +1/3
ISO 200
EF300mm f/4L IS USM +1.4x

Bhargava Srivari
15-12-2011, 06:58 AM
Where was this image made?

Good to know you were able to go close enough for a full frame shot. May be, EV 0 would have been just fine as I think the whites have lost details slightly.

tfs

Praveen Siddannavar
15-12-2011, 09:27 AM
Nice one Supreet, a tight one though but I can understand why. The details are ok but why + EC, probably a -EC would have been better to expose the whites.
tfs

Mrudul Godbole
15-12-2011, 11:40 AM
Nice close-up. Good perch and eye contact. Nice clean background. Agree about the EC. Thanks for sharing.

Supreet Sahoo
15-12-2011, 12:34 PM
Praveen sir and Bhargava, this was shot at LRK during my Oct trip. I had shot a lot of shrikes earlier and was always disappointed with one thing - the eye not being visible clearly due to the black band on the face. Its a tricky situation everytime one tries to expose subjects with both black/white parts. Since the bird let me come so close there was always a chance that it would take off the moment it feels insecured and to ensure that I have captured all the details I clicked at a + ev which I'm not sure was the right approach though. What was a mistake was that I did not move it a step down during PP and left it at +1 ev. Again my understanding here could be wrong and more info will be appreciated.

Sabyasachi Patra
15-12-2011, 05:51 PM
I am in the airport, so the lighting is not really conducive. However, I think the blacks in the tail has got blocked. Eye contact is nice. The glint in the eye looks good.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi