PDA

View Full Version : Leapard

Gajanan Bapat
15-12-2011, 06:01 PM
At Kabini Dec 2011

the subject far away, also very low light, time 17:57 PM, please bare with us for quality, secondely i can not identify that, AV mode, Beanbag; iso- 800, even though the shutter speed only 1/15 sec; this shutter speed i can not understand please what happend excately?

Canon 550d; 100-400mm;
f/5.6; Exposure Time 1/15 sec; ISO-800; 400mm; Av Mode; Beanbag

Saktipada Panigrahi
15-12-2011, 06:56 PM
Nice image.A leopard yawning in its natural habitat sitting on a branch maintaing safe height where tigers and wild dogs also roam free.I am happy that colour looks natural. Thanks for sharing.SaktiWid

Praveen Siddannavar
15-12-2011, 08:06 PM
Considering the low light the image has come out quite well Gajanan. I think you have done your best in the given circumstances. Next time you can also try giving one step - ve EC, this will boost the shutter speed. If you would have increased ISO further there would been too much noise.

Ideal situation for this is to have a prime telephoto lens f2.8 or f4 with min body like 7D or above. Don't worry you will get plenty of opportunities to shoot this beauty much closer and in good light.

Atul Sinai
16-12-2011, 12:33 AM
Well Captured. The yawning pose looks nice. Good sighting. Thanks for sharing.

Regards,
Atul

Mrudul Godbole
16-12-2011, 09:39 AM
The yawning pose is nice. Good that you used bean bag for support as the shutter speed was quite low. The composition is fine, just a slight less space at the right would be good. Wish the light was better. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
16-12-2011, 07:32 PM
Nice yawn. It is always a pleasure watching a leopard in the wild.

You did rather well with that shutter speed. Since you were clicking in Av mode, the aperture was set at the widest aperture of your lens f5.6. The camera calculated the amount of light available based on the aperture f5.6 and the ISO which was set at 800 and decided that the shutter speed would be 1/15th of a second. That is very low. Though I have got a sharp shot of tiger yawning at 1/20 shutter speed, one needs to use the technique to the maximum. Since you were using the beanbag, it helped. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Bhargava Srivari
16-12-2011, 09:38 PM
Well done considering the situation. Like Praveen says, if it was a body like the 7D, one could have afforded to step up the ISO to 1600 or so for a higher shutter speed. I like the mood here...guess slightly less saturation/contrast should have been okay.

tfs

Atul Dhamankar
18-12-2011, 04:45 PM
Very nice image. Specially U captured yawning.
Atul

Gajanan Bapat
18-12-2011, 06:40 PM
Dear Mr. Atul Dhamankar

Thanks for comments

Gajanan Bapat